Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Pam's Corner... comments, questions and other stuff by Port's Famous Photographer



There is something about my job that is very special...and that is getting to know the youth of Port Allegany.  This morning I took some band pictures...more specifically, the seniors of the band.  I'd say they are seven pretty special kids!  Friday night, the pictures were of pre-K and K soccer players.  During the past week, I've taken pictures of kids of all ages for all different reasons.  It's a wonderful job...whether there is pay involved or not.
Another highlight from last week was documenting the Lady Gator's first and second players in PAHS history to reach the 50-goal mark.  Somer Buchsenschutz was first when the team traveled to Smethport Thursday night.  Saturday morning, it was Lynae Delacour's turn.  The girls were honored during half-time of their game with Kane.  Congrats to Somer and Lynae, their coaches and the whole team!
I had a chance to catch up on the golf teams when we took their pictures mid-week.  It's a shame that all of their matches are on the road.  I give them all credit.  Another nice bunch of young men and women!
Women's Club and Rotary were also both on my week's schedule.  What wonderful organizations we have in Port Allegany. I haven't had a lot of involvement with the Lions Club, but I know that group is also a wonderful service group in our community.
Speaking of the community, a media event was held Wednesday on the front lawn of Pittsburgh Corning to announce the coming of Serenity Glass Garden.  Wow!  This is going to be really awesome!  Thanks go to Susan Carlson and Pat Bodamer and a host of other people...it's exciting!  People always talk about what we don't have in this town...how about what we do have?  We don't have a lot of downtown merchants, but the businesses we have are great!  The fact that people came together to decorate the windows in the business district to give it a fresh new and not abandoned, look was remarkable. We have a wonderful health care facility, a beautiful new library, great churches, great schools, great restaurants....I'm sure I'm leaving out more than I'm remembering...but you get the point!
Granddaughter Lilly and I made our way to the Sartwell Creek Church for their annual spaghetti dinner.  It was great!  As always!  Lilly ate every bite and a whole meatball!  I know our numbers were in the 150's and people came in after we did...so I would say it was a success!
Be kind to one another!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments which are degrading in any way will not be posted. Please use common sense and be polite.